To this day, you can probably still remember that one house growing up that would go all out on Holiday lights for their house. You would stand in awe as you pondered how they reached the tops of the trees or how they managed to cover every inch of the bushes. You could see those bright shining lights from a mile away. Each year, you looked forward to having your beautifully blissful Winter nights brightened up every time you passed those lights.
Festivity is in the air and now its your turn to be the talk of the town! With this edition of The Colors of Holiday’s Icicle Treat, you might want to stock up on glass cleaner for all the neighborhood paws knocking at your door this Holiday Season.
Not one, or two, but THREE layers of colorful goodness. Symbolic of the foundational importance of including Boss Dog® Raw Goat Milk in your pets’ diet, layer #1 in this recipe fills the first 1/3 of your treat tray paw with Raw Goats Milk. Layer #2 and #3 are a blend of Raw Goats Milk and natural whole peas and strawberries to create those magical Holiday colors.
White, green, and red. Whoever said Holiday festivity was just about bright lights must have never laid their eyes on these perfect pup treats! Aside from the cheer you’ll get from seeing your pet enjoy this Holiday Icicle Treat, you can also be confident you are supplementing top of the line vitamins and minerals.
Starting with the key ingredient, Boss Dog® Raw Goats Milk, which contains DHA and Taurine to support brain function, anti-inflammatory hormone production, and healthy skin and coat support! Additionally, there are 1 Billion Probiotics per ounce, which are the good bacteria in our gut that aid in digestion, support the immune system, and support better nutrient absorption!
Peas and strawberries for my pet, really? Oh yeah. In fact, peas will provide critical vitamins and minerals such as Vitamin A, K, and the B-vitamins. They are also brimming with minerals like Iron, Zinc, Potassium, and Magnesium. Strawberries on the other hand complement the peas with their own benefits, including being full of antioxidants, high in fiber and Vitamin C. Did you know that strawberries also contain a special enzyme that can help whiten your dog’s teeth?!
For a quick and easy Holiday treat for your VIP (Very Important Pet), give this recipe a try and share your finished product with us at @bossdogbrand on Instagram!
P.S. Just make sure to leave an extra bowl of them at the door for the inevitably envious neighborhood pets. Santa is not the only one who likes a little treat while making his rounds!
Treat Your Pet, Like a Boss™
The Colors of the Holiday’s Icicle Treat!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Freezer time: 4+ hours
Serving Yield: ~ 20 Individual Paw Treats
- 1/3 cup + 4 tbsp Boss Dog® Raw Goat Milk (unthawed)
- 2/3 cup peas + 2 tbsp Boss Dog® Raw Goat Milk
- 3/4 cup strawberries + 2 tbsp Boss Dog® Raw Goat Milk
- Pour Raw Goat milk into each paw cavity (about 1/3 of the way full)
- Freezer for 1 hour or until hard
- Meanwhile blend up Peas with 2 tbsp Raw Goat Milk and pour into bowl
- In blender blend up strawberries with 2 tbsp Raw Goat Milk and pour into bowl
- After 1 hour or when goat milk layer is hard scoop pea mixture into paw cavity to cover Raw Goat Milk Layer
- Pour strawberry mixture over the top (pea mixture should be thick enough to pour strawberry mixture on top and make that final layer of “red”)
- Freeze for 1 hour or until hard
- Serve your Holiday Colored Treat to your VIP (Very Important Pet)
- Store in an airtight container in the freezer
- Serve to pet within 7 days
Safe Handling Tips:
- Wash hands thoroughly after handling any treats with Raw ingredients