Table of Contents
Celebrate National Puppucino Day!
Another Wednesday has rolled around and once again you are experiencing those pesky mid-week blues. Challenging clients, daunting deadlines, endless emails, vexing voicemails… they’re enough to drive anyone crazy. You decide to step away from the office for a quick coffee date with your best friend. A breath of fresh air and a much needed caffeine fix will probably do you some good.
But what if your BFF has four legs, a wet snout, and floppy ears? Yes. They do hang low and yes, they do in fact wobble to and fro. But please, don’t tie them in a knot. Or a bow.
Don’t worry, it’s normal to feel a little down in the dumps as the stress of the week catches up with you. You might even notice your dog acting a little sluggish as well. Rather than let these negative vibes dampen your spirit, we have the perfect addition for a fun mid-week pick-me-up to ease your worries and take your coffee date to the next level!
But First, Coffee...
We don’t know about you, but coffee memes are some of our faves, second to pawsome dog puns of course.
- A day without coffee is like….just kidding. I have no idea.
- No coffee, no workee.
- How do I take my coffee? Seriously. Very seriously.
- Sometimes I go hours without coffee. It’s called sleeping.
Need we go on?
Whether you like your coffee hot or iced, black or with creamer, bold and bitter or sweet and silky, coffee lovers understand the automatic word association that stems from COFFEE. Warmth. Cozy. Aroma. Comfort. Calm. Focus. The language of coffee is universal, creating a community where people can connect over a great cup of coffee and engage in quality conversation. It provides an overall feeling of acceptance and a sense of renewed focus that runs through you from head to toe the minute a warm mug of this liquid gold enters your grasp.
National Puppuccino Day
PSP - Pumpkin Spice Puppuccino
Makes: 1 – 2 servings
Prep Time: 5 minutes*
Cook Time: N/A
- 1 cup pure pumpkin puree
- 1 cup Boss Dog® Brand Raw Goat Milk
- Whipped coconut cream, optional (recipe below)
- Dash of cinnamon
*12+ hours if making whipped coconut cream
- Measure pumpkin puree and Boss Dog® Brand Raw Goat Milk in a large glass measuring cup.
- Microwave for 30 – 40 seconds or until warm.
- Pour into a lidded bottle or container and shake well until incorporated.
- Pour into a serving cup or bowl and top with whipped coconut cream and a dash of cinnamon.
- Can be served warm or refrigerated to be served cold.
Whipped Coconut Cream
1 can coconut cream
- Without shaking, place can of coconut cream in refrigerator to chill overnight.
- The next day, carefully open can and spoon the cream on top into the bowl of a stand mixer. Take care to avoid the liquid beneath, and if desired, save liquid in an airtight container for later use.
- With the whisk attachment, beat cream on high until light and fluffy and soft peaks are formed.
- Use immediately or store in an airtight container in refrigerator for up to a week.
- A milk frother can be used to warm the pumpkin/goat milk – just take care that the mixture is cool enough to serve to your pup!
- Make sure you use real cinnamon since some spice blends are toxic to dogs. Our test kitchen is partial to Ceylon cinnamon!
- Pumpkin/goat milk mixture can alternately be frozen into treats using the Bosspaws® Treat Tray Boss Propaws treat tray. Yum!
- This recipe does not contain any coffee or caffeine. DO NOT give your dog any coffee. The coffee consumed during this coffee date is for your adult enjoyment only.
Food for Thought
Did you know pumpkin has several nutritional benefits for your dog? While you sit back and relax enjoying a slice of pumpkin pie or, if you’re all about that PSL life, Starbucks’ infamous Pumpkin Spice Latte, your dog can also partake (within reason) in the festivities and deliciousness pumpkin brings. Packed with essential vitamins and minerals, pumpkin is a nutrient rich food source safe for dogs to enjoy. Here are just some of the few benefits pumpkin offers our furry friends:
- Regulate blood pressure
- Improve muscle health
- Promote eye health
- Boost immune health and metabolism
- Aid in weight loss
Oh So Good
If you loved this fun recipe, there’s plenty more where that came from! Check out our Boss Dog Recipes Blog for more inspiration on how to spoil your pup with love, while also fueling them with great-tasting treats packed with healthy nutritional benefits!